Monday, August 11, 2014

Keeping a food journal

I think it's important to keep track of everything you eat, regardless if you eat the wrong things.  I absolutely need to hold myself accountable, and seeing terrible numbers reminds me to get focused.  Over the course of the past 20 years or so, I've practiced terrible eating, which lead me to become more than 100 pounds overweight.  Eating keto over the past several months has helped me drop more than 50 pounds, and I need to keep that in perspective.  For me, keeping an accurate food log is my way of reminding myself what I need to do.  Sure, some days I mess up, but that can't be an excuse to continue wandering down the wrong paths.

I really believe logging my food has changed my life.  If I'm honest with myself and the tracking software, I have no excuses.  If there's a sudden shift in weight one way or the other, I can see what I ate to make that happen.  If I want assistance from a dietician or fellow ketoers, I have a way to show them what I'm eating.  My journal/tracker of choice is myfitnesspal and if you want to follow my personal food diary, you can find it here.

In closing, all I can say is if losing weight is important to you, find a way to know exactly what you're eating.  Get a food scale, and start measuring your food.  I can nearly guarantee you're eating more (or less) than you think you are if you're not weighing what you eat.  Be honest in what you record, as the only person impacted by a food journal is yourself.

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.